...or rather from the mouth of T a block to the "eye brow" ;) I got a call from school yesterday around 2:25-of course my niece and nephew were napping-that T had been hit in the head w/a wood block from the block area and it"may or may not need stitches" they wanted a parent to look at it. So load the kiddos up and off to school I go. It wasn't to bad but seeing it was on his face if left to heal on its own would have left a bigger scar (will have one anyway just hopefully not so bad). He freaked when I mentioned stitches. So I called my sis (she's the best-are go to girl) she was still at work (at the hospital) and brought home some numbing gel and some Dermabond and fixed him right up. He was great ,he held real still and never complained.
His teacher had mentioned when I got thereto get him that he really didn't cry and didn't make much of a fuss-she seamed concerned. I told her that's him(its the preemie thing) he doesn't react to pain like "normal" kids. I ask the doc about it years ago b/c it worried me...she said preemies have a very high tolerance for pain,mainly due to the fact that for the early part of there lives pain is all they know (sad I know)! So he's a normal preemie I guess:-)


I think it looks better in the pics then it was...though today it looks much worse because his eye lid swelled up a lot and its all bruised now ,which my sis said would happen-right on!
No comments:
Post a Comment