Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Your gonna miss this"

My next favorite song....Trace Adkins....Your gonna miss this. The message in this song is my close favorite:) I'll tell you why,but first here are the lyrics:
She was staring out that window, of that SUV Complaining, saying I can't wait to turn 18She said I'll make my own money, and I'll make my own rules.Mamma put the car in park out there in front of the school.Then she kissed her head and said I was just like you-Chorus- You're gonna miss this,You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast These Are Some Good Times So take a good look around You may not know it now But you're gonna miss this Before she knows it she's a brand new bride In a one-bedroom apartment, and her daddy stops by He tells her It's a nice place She says It'll do for now Starts talking about babies and buying a house Daddy shakes his head and says Baby, just slow down-Chorus- You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast These Are Some Good Times So take a good look around You may not know it now But you're gonna miss this .Five years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heater,Dog's barkin', phone's ringin'One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin'She keeps apologizin'He says They don't bother me. I've got 2 babies of my own. One's 36, one's 23.Huh, it's hard to believe, but ...-Chorus-You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back ,You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast These Are Some Good Times So take a good look around You may not know it now But you're gonna miss this You're gonna miss this Yeah, you're gonna miss this.
To often I think we are so rushed/busy with daily life(and I'll be the 1st to admit I'm extremely guilty of this) that we forget to stop and "smell the roses". We don't realize how precious every moment is~especially with are kids. I think we often look back and realize how much we "missed " simply b/c we just failed to appreciate the moment. Often it's really simple things that we later feel we missed out on. I remember back to all those days I spent rushing back and forth between here and the NICU (60 plus miles from here) and then only having a few hours or more to spend w/T. I loved the time w/him but dreaded the drive,so hardly could relax and enjoy the time. Now that I look back I miss that time alone w/him sooo much,he is my youngest and last. I realize now, I spent alot of time then"feeling sorry for myself" and him,and doubting God b/c of what happened instead of trusting that it would all turn out ok. I was praying and asking why him,why us-now I realize it was all for a reason and its time I wish I could have back so I could experience it with enjoyment-oh well ,as they say hind site is 20/20:)
This is a crazy one-do you remember going to all those OB visits when you were pg w/your little ones? You waited in the office for what seamed like for ever,the DR was always running late,and chances are you were on your lunch break from work or what not-so wanting to get in and out. Then when your baby was born and you went back for your 6 week check,you look around at the room and other pg women and you feel a little sad. One that you wont be coming back to that waiting room,and even if you never talked to the other women,you all had something in common. 2 that you'll almost "miss" seeing your DR ,that you've seen how many times in the last 9 months,and he/she helped bring this miracle into the world-its like saying goodbye to your best friend that's moving away.... I told you it was crazy!
Anyway I always wish I had ,more time in the day,to feel less rushed and enjoy things like helping the kids w/homework,instead of dreading it. The day will come when there all off to college and I'll never be able to help them w/homework again:)
Anyhow that's the last song I'll bore you w/the reasoning as to why I love them. Alot are Dolly and I love them "just because" because I love her music-the best Idol ever was when Dolly was on-lol! Alot are love songs...and I love,love songs. They just make you feel good~same thing w/Fleetwood Mac:)

No comments:

Post a Comment