Friday, February 19, 2010

mommyhood

This entry is part of "Show Us your MINISTRY" a Mcklinky to Kelly's Korner (kelly is a friend of a friend..)
I am the very proud mommy of 5 children(2 that went to heaven before we could ever hold them and 3 that we hold on this side of heaven).
Our youngest "T" was a micro preemie born at 27W 5Days. He was just 2# 80z and 14 1/2". His early birth came as a huge surprise due to ruptured membranes(my water broke) and I had a ruptured uterus(a 1 in a million thing since I had never had uterine surgery,-section etc). It is not know which came 1st ....labor or the ruptured uterus. We were transported to a hospital 50+miles from home to deliver so that there was NICU staff standing by in case we delivered.(I guess I should explain...it was not known that I had a ruptured uterus and was bleeding internally until he was delivered). After being admitted and telling staff I felt pressure(attempts to slow labor were just that attempts...not working) they checked me and realized he had a prolapsed cord. He was then delivered emergency c-section. It was then that my ruptured uterus was found and both our lives saved. If it weren't for the prolapsed cord we both might have died...my blood pressure would have dropped as it did in surgery and by the time they got us to the OR we might not have mad it....God sure was watching over us that night!
He was intubated for just 20 hours and then moved to CPAP and finally nasal cannula....but the little stinker loved him some oxygen(or thought the nasal cannula was a fashion statement-ha) and so he was discharged from the hospital on oxygen. After being home just over 2 months he was weened off the oxygen. He received Synigis for 2 seasons to prevent RSV ,has had 4 ENT relate surgeries ,and had speech therapy for 2 years.......now at 5yrs old you'd never know! He is one strong boy not the "wimpy white boy" those NICU nurses like to label the little boys...they can fight like girls too-ha! He is in 4K this year and is doing great he's at or above the other kids in school...just that he's a bit smaller and he's almost a year older than most of them due to his early Sept. birthday.
Me bathing T in the NICU.

Thanks for stopping over...please stop back again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment