Thursday, August 27, 2009

post-op ear check

T had his post -op ear check. He had a hole in his ear drum that we had fixed w/what they refer to as a paper patch. He saw the ear doc the other day and he said the surgery was a success...which doesn't yet mean we can just for joy,it just means that for now the patch is in place,looks good,and is doing it's job. It appears that it's pulling the hole shut,which is what it is supposed to do..to kind of help his ear to realize its supposed to grow together. So now we wait,he goes back in Dec. to have it checked again and we just go from there. I'm not sure how fast the patch typically falls off(I forgot to ask) so I'm going to do some online researching and talk to my sis that is an operating room nurse.The patch is supposed to fall off on its own ,I just don't know how long it typically stays in place. If he needs the next surgery it has to wait till he's at least 6. But for now all is well ,and I have to remember this is NOTHING compared to what he's been through. His hearing has not been affected by it,but it does have to be taken care of..and no parent likes to be the parent waiting in the surgical waiting room for there child.

No comments:

Post a Comment