Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"T"

Here is a pic of T at 10 days old-he weighted just over 2 lbs.
***as my friend Becca pointed out(and how could I forget to add) this makes him 29 weeks 1 day gestational age.

He was already on a nasal cannula for breathing-what a fighter-that's our boy!(I took this out of his scrapbook to scan it -that's why its star shaped!No digital camera when he was born)

Here he is at 20 days old getting his 1st bath from mommy. Yes he got a bath in one of those little plastic hospital tubs also know as puke buckets-lol! Isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen??

And here he is now~4years old!!!


This little boy is nothing short of a fighter. He has over come things most of us will not touch in a life time. He definitely shows that preemie fight in him,which I'm proud of..but some days as the mom I wish he'd let it go-ha! He keeps me laughing for sure,some of the things he says just crack me up. He is the youngest of the 3 soup children,but can hold his own against the older 2. He's the only non-red head and has hazel eyes (none of our 3 have the same color eyes)and he's the only one that I think looks more like my family then the soup family. Every baby is a Miracle~ our 3 for sure,since it took 5 pregnancies to get us these 3 beautiful children(2 angel babies)~but this little boy is something more than a miracle.
He is the lovey one. He always has kisses and always tells you how much he loves you...and I know that any day this will come to a screeching halt b/c this behavior is "uncool". I still get the kiss and I love you when I drop him at school. It saddens me to think it will all be over soon and my last "baby" will be a baby no more:( I know every growth stage has its fun things and he will soon move on to that next stage...but I surely will miss this one.
I also am adding this after its been posted but I just remembered it today-and this post is more for me to look back on someday or the kids for that matter. So I shall add it before I forget.T has this odd I guess you might call it -or keen ,sense of smell. He is always asking what the smell is or telling me he smells a cretain thing, and I can smell nothing. He'll even go as far as say it's gaging him or making him sick-and still I smell nothing. He's very sensitive to smell-preemie thing?? or odd kid-ha!But it always reminds me of that email that always circulates about the little girl that was premature and when shes older s and a rain is coming she tells her mom she smells God-because she remembers when he held her-love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment