Friday, April 2, 2010

Our trip to Children's

So today wraps up this phase of the benefit...the clothing drive part. (The link to make financial donations will function until July). Today we got up good and early.I ran to work to get in a quick couple hours of work ,then back home to kiddos eager to make the trip to Milwaukee. Many times during the drive I was asked "how much longer?" "this is like the drive to the cottage!"...ummm no way-try again kids ,not even close. I'll admit traffic was not the best. Just as we entered Milwaukee county traffic was at a start/stop. Normally at this time of day it would have been pretty light ,but I suppose it being Good Friday and all people were off work ,kids off school ...so it was ummm crazy driving.We arrived safe and sound.We delivered these items..















Things looked very different! This tower was added to the structure since T's stay in 2004...

DQ
was celebrating it's 25Th birthday in the parking structure area. The "blizzard mobile" (if that's what they call it) was present and they were handing out free blizzards. You also could stand in this blizzard machine and "catch" a coupon for a free blizzard "at participating DQ's".















We were unable to visit with NICU doctors and nurses because they are still under winter visitation ,which states that no children are allowed in the NICU OR NICU waiting areas....including siblings-boo!!! But I understand completely...when my baby was there I wouldn't have wanted some jerk trying to visit with there sick kid they were trying to "pass off" as healthy. ...T was a little less understanding. He really wanted to she the "creemies"( as he calls them). No matter how many times I was PPPPP preemies he says he loves the "creemie" babies-ha! I love it. Thankfully we found this info out prior to the blizzard..so after the blizzard and blizzard machine he forgot about said "creemies".
We then proceeded on to The Cheesecake Factory for some delicious food and cheesecake...we all enjoyed.
Next we hit Mayfair mall b/c T wanted to go to The Disney Store. well the Disney store was gone...I guess since our last trip to Mayfair the Disney store has moved out...ahhh another disappointment for the day. Sorry kids.
The trip home was much nicer,much faster,and much quieter since all my kiddos...yes ALL of them fell asleep(sorry,wish I had a pic...but since I was driving that wasn't quite possible-boo!)

Side note: I could just kick myself ...I never did count all the collected items (but I do believe I have photos of all...so I think I'll go back and try to count from the photos). But we had a lot...they were very happy and very appreciative of all the items:-)
I think I got a pretty accurate count from pics....We had (about)
*70 sleepers/outfits
*26 onesie tees
*9 blankets
*12 hats
*12 pair socks
*diapers

No comments:

Post a Comment