Friday, June 19, 2009

A whole bunch O stuff(and the dog bite)

Ohhh things never slow down in the soup house. I am currently not watching any kidos (except my own 3 of course) so one would think it would be easier...ummm..NO! My children seem to think that there mother is here to entertain them during there entire summer vacation....if I hear "mom I'm bord" one more time I'm going to go crazy....yes for real:)
MONDAY~ T and I went to work ,M&C decided to try out the boys and girls club.... ..you know to see what they had to entertain them with.
Then I took T to swimming lessons. Then we came home ,did the lunch thing and ran a few errands ...you know walmart etc.
Then we picked M&C up...turns out the B&G club was a hit-yey!!!!
Then Matt came home,we had diner and back to work I went.
Tuesday~Well that pretty much went the same as Mon. ....more work,swimming lessons again(which by the way he loves...this is the 1st year he was old enough to go).Picked up kids ,someone came to look at the new litter of Persian kittens(2nd time here ,but she loves them all and cant decide).This time she brings her daughter,mom and sister. The mom &sister decide they love one and buy it together...she still cant decide which one she wants-ha! She later calls after supper with her decision...the all gray one...a little girl.
Back to work again...I had to bar tend for a special event:) it was fun ...the music was great:)
Wednesday~ Watched my cousins little girl for her for the morning. Got a TON of laundry done...b..o..r..i..n..g!!!! Picked up my 2 nieces b/c they too were bord and wanted to come play,so I agreed to pick them up after swim lessons. They stayed and played till 3:30 or so.
Thursday~Work again(its not as bad as it sounds I work 3 hours in the morning on M,T and R) then to swimming again..this is the last lesson. We then go to Mc Donalds w/my sister Becky and her 2 kids....oh and I watched my niece Grace all day too so her sister could go sleep over at a friends...so she went along to work,swimming and MCD..what a trooper-she's only 1!
Then home for Grace to nap....more laundry. Diner and then M to dog training w/Mylie. Pick up M and Mylie and home for bath and bed.
...and if you've made it this far.........
Friday.....this is a day I will NEVER forget,and not for the better. It started off uneventful. We got ready and were headed to the grocery store,when I remembered that I told the mom of a little boy I had watched that I would stop over Fri if I was near by . So I called from the car,they were home,so I said we'd be right over. Well T wanted to get out and play w/her little boy-he's been missing him a lot! Fine...we had time to burn. well we were all in the back yard talking while her 3 kids ,her sisters lil boy and T were running around....all of a sudden I hear her dog making noise like 2 dogs going at it and then I hear T screaming like I have NEVER heard before. I knew even before I looked.....I was only 10-15 feet from him. I turned by head and could see the dog just biting and biting him,and him screaming and trying to get the dog off him(the dog was tied up). As I'm running towards him and screaming the dogs name and can see him like flopping/tossing around. Before I got to him he had pulled away and then fell,but the dog couldn't reach him(though he wasn't acting like he was going to go after him...I think he was wanting him out of his "space"). I picked him up and could see he was bleeding and limp(I'm sure b/c he was so scared) so I'm freaked and weak in the knees,running inside to clean him up and examine the damage. Turned out to be not too bad...not too good ,but most important no major damage,maybe a few scars...but he's alive and he wont be petting any dogs but his own any time soon. ...and before you ask,no he did nothing,we know the dog,we've been over there many times(not to confuse you,but my cousins wife is sisters w/the dog owner-so we've all become friends)he has pet the dog ...but the dog has never been tied up before when he pet him. I think w/all the kids running around and the dog not really knowing him all that well he didn't trust him. I guess the dog bit my cousins little boy the other day (which I didn't know before hand) but in the dogs defense ,he was hurting the dog...and tied up...so maybe that's why he bit T...afraid he was going to hurt him too??? He's not an aggressive breed -a golden retriever.
But anyhoo we are recovered. I called the Dr. he didn't need to go in ,but we have to watch the marks for infection. The dog is on a 10 hold so as long as he's fine ,no shots for T....and it sounds like the dog will be moving to a new home.
NOOOOO ,I never did make it to the grocery store either. After T screaming for 20 mins. or more and holding on to me for dear life,I promised him a milk shake and he stopped. So after the drive thru and shake I was just ready to go home,and T was very ready for a nap...me too-but I had more laundry to do.
...and that has been our 1st week of vacation-I don't know if I can take the rest-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment