This is pretty much a copy and paste job from last years post-sorry....
Today is National Miscarriage and Child loss day. Until last year i didn't know the day existed, which is pretty crazy seeing that we suffered the loss of two children due to miscarriage. None the less I'm glad the day does in fact exist,I think people need a day to reflect on such things tho obviously the parents of these children remember often...but it brings awareness none the less.
Just in thinking back over the years it brings more reality (if you will) to the thought that I wish I would have done things differently.I know I cant go back and change things and when something like losing a child happens your not in any condition to "think things through" or clearly. I guess I was uneducated as to my options also. Anyway this all means nothing,I'm babbling in writing(ha).
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish we had named the babies,at least given them each a unisex name(we didn't know the sex of either). The first was an early miscarriage so we did nothing. The second was much later.Since I had the D&C done at a Catholic hospital they allow you to cremate the remains or they will keep them , then twice a year they bury the cremains of all the babies together in a casket,in a plot at a cemetery. That would be where our baby is. They have a service at the cemetery when they do it but I never went...I couldn't. Now looking back I wish I would have kept them-It would have been at our expense and I guess maybe that's why I didn't due it(the way we had it done was free through the hospital). In a way I guess I just wanted it all to be over and to move on. I know now that never happens,it gets easier and less painful, but will always be a part of who I am.
One of my cousins kept the cremains of her baby and later had it buried in the casket with my grandpa when he passed away,I thought that was a great idea-wish I would have thought of it.
I guess the bottom line is it makes no difference they'll always be in my heart but I wish I had a name to call them rather than referring to them as the 1st or 2ND miscarriage.
My OB Dr. has this poem in his office and I love it. So I am posting it here for your viewing pleasure(ha) really mostly so I have it somewhere . I've looked for it online many times,found it once(forgot where) and never found it again. I recently came across it so I'm putting it here so I have it:
"Little Angels"
When God calls little children to dwell with Him above we mortals sometime question the wisdom of His love.For no heartache compares with, the death of one small child who does so much to make our world, seem wonderful and mild .Perhaps God tires of calling the aged to his fold. So he picks a rosebud before it can grow old.God knows how much we need them, and so he takes but few to make the land of Heaven more beautiful to view. Believing this is difficult, still somehow we must try.The saddest word mankind knows will always be "Goodbye". So when a little child departs, we who are left behind, must realize God loves children "Angels are hard to find".
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment