Friday, September 11, 2009

to much going on

Ohhhh I'm so behind. I had all these posts in my head I had planed to write and then it's just been so crazy around here I haven't had the time to post a single thing. In a nut shell it's been running kids to school in the am,then T to school at noon,then picking kids up at 3. In between I have to get my niece and nephew a nap..it's nuts I tell you. Then to top it off M is playing volleyball this year,so at least once a week I have to run her to after school practice and then back again to get her(unless we get lucky and she gets the 3-4 practice,then I just pick her up at 4-I like that a lot better). She also has games now once a week-this week was her 1st(an away game of course-out of town away game-errr) but they won all 3 games:-) she was very excited.
T celebrated his REAL 5Th birthday over the holiday weekend(which I will have to do a late post on b/c we all need to be reminded how far he has come in the last 5 years w/pictures of course!) ****Side note -I was able to do the b-day post and date it back to his birthday,so look back to Sept 5TH for that post.***
My mom also had a birthday(the same day as T's birthday) but we didn't get to share w/her b/c she lives just a bit to far away...but Happy Birthday mom!
We also headed to the Soup family cottage in the North woods of WI for the holiday weekend. Thankfully the weather was much nicer than we expected,since we have had a rather cold summer.It was actually pretty warm and sunny .We got in some jet skiing and the kids did a lot of swimming. But us big people did a lot of painting/staining. The cottage hadn't been painted in the 20+ years that the Soup family has owned it. Last year we put on 1 coat,which was sucked right in to the ever so dry wood. That was all the time we had ,so we decided to do the 2ND coat this year. we had planned to do it the 4Th of July week,but that was a bust w/the rainy terribly cold week we had. So plans changed and we all decide(Matt's parents,Matt's bro Steve,fiance Emily,and our family)to head north over Labor day and get the job done.
Thankfully it was stained (not really painted) so there was no scrapping to do just paint. We also bought Matt's dad a sprayer for fathers day so that helped get the job done a whole lot faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment