We'll it looks as if poor little T will be going in Friday for surgery. That gosh darn hole in his ear just does not want to heal on its own. In fact the Dr. said it has hardly healed at all. It is apparently bigger than average ....so this surgery may in fact only be a temporary fix. He is having what they call a paper patch put on the hole in his ear drum,as he gets older the patch is supposed to encourage the skin to pull together and heal shut. With his being larger than average this may or may not work. If not when he's 6 or 7 they(2 Dr.'s) will have to go in and graph a small amount of skin from his ear lobe or cheek to permanently fix it,this could require an incision behind his ear(I hope not). I am praying this paper patch works,the Dr said it's a 50/50 gamble-better than 30 or 40 I suppose.
Pray for him Friday that all goes well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment